Who Is Sid?

My photo
21.Single.Black.Female.Addicted To...Music. "I be up on everything them other **** ain't never on it" Oh yeah. I'm The Real Sidney Shaw in case you didn't know. Some call me Lauryn, La La.. Sidney whatever. At the end of the day I just want you to know who I am!

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Late Night Sessions...


So I made the MISTAKE of telling Olamide that I finally posted his new single "Slow Down" on my blog. Now I've been up listening to NEWER and OLDER Imajin songs. Oh yeah...Olamide has now started his blog (again) due to my encouragement (right Olamide?) so make sure y'all go over and support Olamide. He's now apart of the Blogspot fam! (http://olamidemusic.blogspot.com/)

Remember how I said I liked Imajin because they played their own instruments and had a different feel to them? I have some more proof of how flyy they really are. Head to their Myspace and listen to the tracks they have on their. Apparently they are 3 albums deep and yet the rest of the world isnt' aware of that. (Yeah Olamide just told me that one). The current song I'm listening to is a Mario Winans production "Can't Forget" co written by Olamide and John. Song is pretty hot one of those songs I'd probably add to a playlist entitled "The Golden Years" but that's a different story LOL.

Another song I LOVE is "Fatal" I think I first heard this song last summer and I pretty much would go on Youtube everyday and listen to it. It's another track that would make the "Golden" list but the song is really hot. It just has a a real mellow feel. It's one of those tracks you play in the background, light some candles and reminisce about whoever you are missing...

My other faves are "That's What's Up" and "Anything". "That's What's Up" has this party/chilling vibe to it. It just kinda makes you dance a little...I'm not sure how to explain it. But I like it...it's different...totally different from the songs we have out right now like "Birthday Sex" and "Boyfriend #2" don't get me wrong...I do occasionally listen to those songs...but their music just sounds so...what's the word I'm looking for? Pure?

Like I said in my previous post I've been down with Imajin since the late 90's...98/99. So I've been listening to them since they were all sounded like sopranos pre-puberty. So it's cool to listen to them now post puberty. Voices all mature...they've really grown literally...but as artist as well. The style of music has changed into a more grown up feel no longer the kiddie pop and r&b songs they once sang. This time songs have more meaning, they are more personal...some probably based on real life situations.

There's nothing bad I can say about these guys. I respect TRUE ARTIST...once again if you can PLAY an instrument and sing at the same time? You're a TRUE ARTIST. I believe in an article I read on Bilboard.com back in the 90's they compared Imajin to the Jackson 5. Deep right? Hmmmm I voiced my opinion. Now you voice yours...

Make sure you check out Olamide's blog though y'all. Leave ME comments and him too.

...gotta love those night sessions...

-The Real Sidney Shaw

1 comment:

  1. Wow Sid , your work is very impressive . im happy your not stuck on just mainstreem music .. the world is so big , so much to explore we can't be stuck on whats being feed to us on the airwaves and tube .. people take the time to explore your own backyard . you would be suprized in what you may find .. again Sidney. thanks for shining some light on ya Boyz Imajin.. im'a be checking in.

    "live and love"
    Olamide

    ReplyDelete