Who Is Sid?

My photo
21.Single.Black.Female.Addicted To...Music. "I be up on everything them other **** ain't never on it" Oh yeah. I'm The Real Sidney Shaw in case you didn't know. Some call me Lauryn, La La.. Sidney whatever. At the end of the day I just want you to know who I am!

Monday, October 19, 2009

It's Been Too Long...

Sorry Guys! I've been REALLY busy with school, and work and what not and now I'm an intern with The Fashion Bomb (Fashionbombdaily.com) so check out Claire and the gang..

But I was talking to Cliff Skighwalker via the lovely Skype and we were discussing music. I asked him if he remembered Corey "Latif" Williams we agreed that he was dope...so tell me what you think?
Latif was suppose to be the New Age Teddy Pendergrass who actually mentored him while he was growing up. Latif hasn't been out of the spotlight too long...he actually has been writing for some of our favorite artist. He's given writer's credit for such artist and songs as :

Musiq Soulchild "Teach Me" Cheri Dennis "I Love You", Chris Brown "Damage" among many others. Those are just my top 3 faves that he's written.

Here's his video for "I Don't Wanna Hurt You" which reminds me of a newer version of Donell Jones "Where I Wanna Be"



One of my favorite songs that he had was "Love In The First"...LOVE that song. I've been trying to buy his album for YEARS via someone's Amazon or E-Bay...if someone wants to get it for me I'd appreciate it.

If someone knows ya boy Latif...show him this post. I miss him and I need more REAL talented artist like him!!

If you comment...it'll inspire me to update more!!

3 comments:

  1. Never heard of the dude ... oh well shoot me! He is hot though and the songs he wrote are def cool. This might just be my next song to blast in the house and sing a long to ... you know how I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Musiq_loveHer 's Comment (Cuz i dont have my own blog):

    so I feel like I've heard that song before but another artist was singing it!

    He sounds like that dumb mufucka Houston (the one that gouged is own eye out). Other than that hes pretty dope & his rap sheet it hot! "Damage" by Chris Breezy is a dog ass ballad! "Teach Me" is Fiya too!

    Good Job Yung Syd!!! Keep the musiq world informed of under-the-radar artist like him and Kevin Cossom (My nigga)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of him either. We need to get better about blogging :)

    ReplyDelete