Who Is Sid?

My photo
21.Single.Black.Female.Addicted To...Music. "I be up on everything them other **** ain't never on it" Oh yeah. I'm The Real Sidney Shaw in case you didn't know. Some call me Lauryn, La La.. Sidney whatever. At the end of the day I just want you to know who I am!

Monday, November 9, 2009

Two Birds...One Stone

Hello my internet loves...

Today's post isn't going to be a little different. I have an advertising class where I have to blog, tweet, be on facebook...all that good stuff and once of our assignments was to create a blog. Clearly....you guys know that I already have this blog right here...so I'm going to take just a few steps back and explain WHY I have this blog (that I try my BEST to update)

So WHY did I create TheRealSidneyShaw.blogspot.com? Well...I'm glad that you asked...My FAVORITE movie in the ENTIRE world is Brown Sugar. Sanaa Lathan's character Sidney Shaw is my role model even though she's a character in a movie. When I think of Sidney Shaw I think of music, I think of fashion, style, entertainment...and just a tad bit of love (I'm kinda back on that anti-love tip again..sorry guys) I want my blog to embody everything that is Sidney...everything that is Brown Sugar...and my journey to becoming and fully embodying the persona of The Real Sidney Shaw.

So far on the resume we have:
  • Assistant to the HOTTEST new designer Ashley Sierra Reed (google her)
  • Social Media Intern for The Fashion Bomb at FashionBombDaily.com
  • Sony Music Licensing Intern/College Rep Assistant.
  • BET.Com Intern for the 2009 BET AWARDS
  • Radio personality for various stations.....
Some other things too...but I'm too lazy to name em all.

So how am I doing? Am I getting this Sidney Shaw thing down? I hope so...My current project is applying for Grad School at Columbia College in Chicago, IL. The plan is to get a Master's in Arts & Entertainment Management (I think?) Sidney went to Columbia...(but I'm sure it was Columbia University...but that's not the point) so the plan is to continue to follow in her footsteps!

Life is BEYOND hectic right now so I can't continue on with this post like I really want to...(and I'm currently watching I Wanna Work For Diddy 2. If I don't make it into grad I'm applying for season 3 BTW) ...but there is more work to be done. Like I always I gotta leave y'all with something...amazing.

So here ya go in honor of me getting into grad school it's ya boyyyyy:



Kanye West "Homecoming" Chi City...are you ready for me? Let's see...

No comments:

Post a Comment